- 2013 (59)
- 2012 (444)
- A Letter to the Lord
- Psalms 23
- My Top 10 Kids Halloween Movies
- My Top 10 Halloween Movies
- Closet Monsters and Owl A Glow
- Mac & Cheese Spooky Eyeballs
- Brain Dip
- Day 7 God's Promise Strength Col1:10-12
- Happy Birthday to My Sister, Best Friend, and Part...
- Want a Book!
- It's Your Time by Joel Osteen
- Day 6 God's Promise Strength Nehemiah 8:10
- Free Brag Book Template
- Happy 2nd Anniversary
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings 10-27-11
- Day 5 God's Promise Strength Ephesians 6:10 & 13
- Witches Brew Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Smrties Meringue Cookies
- Last Minute Halloween Costumes
- The Winner Is!
- Day 4 God's Promise Strength Philippians 4:13
- Bat-O-Lanterns & Spirit Jugs
- Day 3 God's Promise Strength Ephesians 3:16-17
- Internet Meanderings- No Offense Intended
- Brownie Coffins
- Earth Worm Delights
- Day 2 God's Promise Strength Daniel 10:19
- NEW MOON GIVEAWAY!
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings 10-23-11
- Stop The Bullying!
- Witch Pumpkin and Ghost
- Eye Ball Punch
- Sermon Sunday
- Day 1 God Promises of Strength Ps18:2
- God Is Everywhere ALL The Time Isaiah 40 :26 & 27
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings- 10-21-11
- Pumpkin Mousse!
- Funny Friday
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings 10-20-11
- October Breast Cancer Awareness
- Halloween and Bath/Body Recipes
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings- 10-19-11
- The Choice By Nicholas Sparks
- God is Almighty Isaiah 40:15-25
- Serenity Prayer
- My Take On Bullying
- Raising Children Can Be Painful!
- Bobbie's Internet Meanderings- 10-18-11
- It does get better! I promise!
- Footprints In The Sand
- God Is All Knowing Isaiah 40:13-14
- Questions Again! Really
- The Pirate Queen Giveaway
- Not Alone
- The Pirate Queen
- Friends and Kids
- Shaky Grounds
- The Eye
- God is Creator Isaiah 40:12
- Better Than Sex Cake
- Who the Hell am I?
- Cheddar Crusted Chicken with Smooshy Applesauce
- Holiday Cookie Swap
- God is Shepherd Isaiah 40:11
- Willing Myself
- God is Ruler Isaiah 40:10
- Pumpkin Cheesecake by Paula Deen
- Halloween Themed Craft Ideas
- bringing Up Girls Dr.James Dodson
- God is Eternal Isaiah 40:8
- Isaiah 25:9
- Baxter and Bookmark
- Full of Promise and Hope
- Deep Fried Apple Pies-- By Paula Deen
- Isaiah 40:29-31
- My Projects!
- Ask the Daughter
- Love Thyself...Really?
- October Theme- Bullying
- Kids Corner
- Ask The Mother.
- Recipe Corner coming soon :D
- Ask the Wife
- Craft Closet
- Please pardon our dust :D
- 2010 (45)
- 2009 (94)
Advertising (1) Ask the Daughter (1) Ask the Mom (1) Ask the Wife (1) Awards (2) Bible Scripture (1) Birthday Notes (2) Blessings (6) Blog Hop (2) Bobbie's Corner (22) Bobbie's Internet Meanderings (12) book reviews (10) Christmas Ideas (1) Contests (1) Coupon Me (1) Craft Closet (12) Disclosure Policy (1) Dorks (5) Everyday Life (19) Faith (3) Finished Projects (5) Freebies (3) Friendship and Wisdom (7) Fun (1) Funnies (1) Give Aways (23) Guest Posts (4) Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap (1) Ideas (1) Inspiration (52) Joy (5) Kids Corner (8) Kindness (1) Life Quotes (1) Love Thyself (4) My Journey (11) NEW IDEAS (1) Older Posts (4) parenting (3) Personal (1) Prayer Requests (1) Prayers (1) Recipe Corner (21) Recipes (22) Requests (1) Reviews (7) Scriptures (51) Self Esteem (1) Sofia (2) Thanks (1) Thanksgiving (1) Throwback Thursday (1) Winners (2)
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
2:54 PM | Posted by Bobbie Seacrist | | Edit Post
I am sure my comments below are going to offend someone out there but hey my co-blog, my right to say how I feel. I have a blog that I absolutely adore. I got a lot of PSP goodies from her and then I noticed she just stopped posting. So I wrote her and said “Hey, I love your stuff! Why did you stop?” She informed me that no one was commenting or downloading her stuff so why bother? It is funny how her words set off a chain reaction in me. Suddenly I was looking at my other blog, looking at my downloads, my comments, etc. and then I suddenly thought “Why bother?” I stopped blogging for a while and then felt the urge to write a tutorial so I did and then I realized I blogged and did the stuff on my blog because I liked to, not because someone else liked it.
I have been watching blogs for a long time now and I have seen so many popularity contests or someone blogging because they want attention. Is this really the right reason to blog? Are we in high school here? If your blog has 200 followers does that make you popular? Maybe, but does it mean you are better than anyone else, ummm no J Sorry, just the truth.
While thinking about all of this it brought me to one of my favorite blogs, Gigabiting. If you go there you will notice that this blog is well over a year old, the poster(s) post consistently and if you look closely you will notice no comments, not likes and a few tweets/stumbles. . However, there are always new and informative posts which make you ask why? Is anyone reading? Why are they doing it if they are not being recognized? Simple, because they are one of the few bloggers that blog because they want to and not because they want attention or to be popular. To me that is worth more than all the content in the blog. Kudos Gigabiting and kudos to all those little blogs that are loved because the blogger just wants to blog :D
If you would like to team up for a give away or have a product you would like for us to review please do not hesitate to contact us! We love interacting with our blogging friends and feel that when we work together it is a win/win situation! You can contact us at: